Powering Communities During Crisis
As our nation responds to COVID-19, we know the most important thing we can do to help is keep your power on.
We want to assure you that South Plains Electric Cooperative has plans in place for the continued delivery of reliable service to your families, homes, farms and businesses. Our local Co-op employees and directors are working with electric cooperative leaders across the state and nation to maintain the electric grid without disruption. We have a strong track record of responding to emergencies, and we are taking proactive steps to respond to the evolving public health emergency and challenges of COVID-19.
South Plains Electric Cooperative is following CDC guidelines and reducing face-to-face contact to help protect our communities and keep our employees safe, healthy and on the job.
We closed our lobbies March 18, but our drive-thru, phone lines, app and website remain open! We are fully staffed to continue normal operations. We encourage members to use our electronic options for payments and transactions, including the SPEC App, website, auto pay and phone. We also have a secure drop box at all service office locations.
I’m writing this message on April 1, and we know we’ll be following the mandated restrictions through April 30. We are using email, Facebook and our website to communicate current business practices, so please look for those messages. In the meantime, know we love seeing you in person, but please follow these social distancing tips to keep everyone safe:
• Use our drive-thru service, open Monday—Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Lobbies are closed.
• Pay your electric bill, report outages and track electric use on SPEC App.
• Pay by phone, website, mail and drop box.
• Check our website and Facebook page for energy-saving tips as families spend more time at home.
• Follow us on Facebook for updates.
• Call our member service representatives from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday, at 806-775-7766.
• Report outages 24/7 at 800-741-0111, text SPEC to 85700 to sign up for outage texting and see our online outage map.
South Plains Electric is a local business, and we ask you to support other local businesses and families during these times. When our local economy and businesses are strong, we’re all strong. Many small businesses and restaurants are still open, especially for takeout and delivery. Visit their websites and Facebook pages to see how you can support them.